Prof. Elmar Bollin
Offenburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
* Scientific Employee at Fraunhofer Institute for
Solar Energy Systems ISE at Freiburg/Germany; Head of the research
group Solar Thermal Systems;
* Since1993: Professor for Control Techniques, Building Services, Building Automation, Solar Engineering and Energy Conversion Techniques at the Offenburg University of Applied Sciences;
* Head of the Research Group net (sustainable energy systems) at Offenburg University of Applied Sciences;see: www.fgnet.hs-offenburg.de
* Founder of the Institute for Energy Systems INES at University of Applied Sciences Offenburg; see http://ines.hs-offenburg.de/institut/
* Director of the Institute of Applied Sciences at Offenburg University of Applied Sciences; see http://www.iaf.hs-offenburg.de/
* Author and editor of different books on Sustainable Energy Systems,
* Involving in to Various Research Activities in Sustainable Energy Techniques and Solar Thermal Application
Author, Co-Author and Editor of different
books and papers on Sustainable Energy Systems such as:
• Dongol,. D., Bollin, E. & Feldmann, T. (2016): Battery Management Based on Predictive Control and Demand-Side Management: Smart Integration of Renewable. Smart Grid as a Solution for Renewable and Efficient Energy (2016); pp 149-180. ISBN13: 9781522500728 |ISBN10: 1522500723 |EISBN13: 9781522500735| DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0072-8.ch007
• Schmelas, Martin; Feldmann, Thomas; Bollin, Elmar (2015): Adaptive predictive control of thermo-active building systems (TABS) based on a multiple regression algorithm. In: Energy and Buildings (103), S. 14-28. “Thomson Reuters Master Journal List” DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.06.012.
• Schmelas, Martin; Feldmann, Thomas; da Costa Fernandes, Jesus; Bollin, Elmar (2015): Photovoltaics Energy Prediction Under Complex Conditions for a Predictive Energy Management System. In: Journal of Solar Energy Engineering -Transactions of the ASME 137 (Issue 3). S. 031015-1 – 031015-10 “Thomson Reuters Master Journal List” , DOI: 10.1115/1.4029378. ISSN: 0199-6231
• Schmelas, M., Feldmann, T., Wellnitz, P. & Bollin, E. (2016): Adaptive predictive control of thermo-active building systems (TABS) based on a multiple regression algorithm: First practical test. Energy and Buildings (129); S. 367-377. DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2016.08.013.
• Dongol, D., Bollin, E, Feldmann, T: An Overview to the Concept of Smart Grid and Battery Management for Grid Connected PV Battery System”; Journal of Electronic Science and Technology Vol. 13, 367 – 372, (2015)
• Bollin, E.: “Monitoring the Energy Systems of Sustainable Buildings”; Proceedings der SPIE Eco-Photonics 2011: Sustainable Design, Manufacturing and Engineering Workforce Education for a Green Future, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 8065 (Spie, Bellingham, WA 2011) Article CID Number; ISBN 9780819486516; published by SPIE, Bellingham USA
Various Research Activities in Sustainable
Energy Techniques and Solar Thermal Application such as:
• Scientific Monitoring Program ST2000 and ST2000plus for Large-scale Solar-thermal Systems (Financed by German Ministry of Environment);
• zafh.net Offenburg – center for sustainable energy techniques for buildings (Financed by the Landesstiftung Baden-Württemberg);
• Project “Sustainable Facility Management” (Financed by the Landesstiftung Baden-Württemberg)
• Scientific Monitoring Program “Solarbau:Monitor” (Financed by German Ministry of Environment); Monitoring of the solarinfocenter sic at Freiburg/Germany
• Schulklima Project in cooperation the the Offenburg community financed the badenova Innovation Fond concerning sustainable measures for school building to prevent against overheating of class rooms
• Project on Predictive Building Automation in the frame of Zukunft Bau financed by the German Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development
• Project Energieeffizienzhaus-Plus financed by the German Ministry of Transport, Building, and Urban Development concerning Development of algorithms for the Energy Management for Smart Grids
• Official partner of the marketing Campaign Germany Land of Ideas financed by German Ministry of Education and Research with several Conferences in USA in 2009 and 2010
• Member of Cooperative graduate school “KleE” on Small-scale Renewable Energy Systems in cooperation with University Freiburg with actually four Phd candidates.
• "Stabil“ – Prediction and Extension of Lifespan of Stationary and Mobile Li-Ion-Battery-Systems Financed by the German Ministry of Education and Technology BMBF
Prof. Dr. Silvia Brunoro
University of Ferrara, Italy
Silvia Brunoro is an architect and PhD in Architectural Technology,
she is Researcher at the Department of Architecture of the
University of Ferrara. She is member of the LEM (Laboratory of
research on Estate & environment Management) and of AE (Architecture
Energy) Centre at the Department of Architecture of Ferrara. She is
graduated at the Faculty of Architecture of Ferrara in 1999, taking
a PhD in Architectural Technology in 2003.
She has carried out several teaching experiences mainly oriented in the field of technological disciplines, in particular deepening the aspects of the sustainable design and the reduction of energy consumption by the design of the building envelope. Actually she is professor of Environmental Design and Buildings an materials design at the Department of Architecture - University of Ferrara, Italy.
She has also carried out several experiences of teaching in Master and post - graduation Classes, among them the training and further education "Architecture and Energy" for obtaining the Energy label qualification – mandatory in Italy. She was – and still is - involved in several national and international research activities. The main research activities concern building renovation, energy efficiency and technological innovation of building systems, materials and components.
• From 2003 to 2007, she was member of the Action COST C16 "Improving the quality of existing urban building envelopes" which objective was the refurbishment of buildings envelopes built in second World War (1960/80) in European countries COST, through the use of technologies that can increase the technological and architectural quality.
• From 2004 to 2006 sh was involved in the project INTERREG IIIB "Villas- stately homes and castles" on the restoration, adaption and valorization of the Cultura heritage in Europe;
• From 2008 to 2012, she was Management Committee member and supported all the Coordination Activities of Action COST TU0701 "Improving the quality of Suburban building stock" on the architectural, technical and energetically efficient upgrading of urban areas not historicized (Dept. of Architecture of Ferrara was the Research Coordinator) ;
• From 2008 to 2010 she was involved in the scientific research of national interest PRIN "Renovation, regeneration and valorisation of social housing settlements built in the suburban areas in the second half of last century”;
• Since 2013 (in course) is a member of the research Proficient " SME network business model for collective self-organized processes in the construction and retrofit of energy-efficient residential districts " (EU 7th Framework program 2012-2016) on the promotion, definition and disclosure of the cohousing process and models.
• Since 2015 she is involved in the Horizon 2020 Research Project INCEPTION “Inclusive Cultural Heritage in Europe through 3D semantic modelling” that focuses on new uses of digital three-dimensional models for the enhancement and preservation of cultural heritage (Dept. of Architecture of Ferrara is the Research Coordinator).
Prof. Dr. Jin Su Jeong
Universidad de Extremadura, Spain
Jin Su Jeong is a professor at the Universidad de Extremadura (Spain) and was a research fellow at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain) with the Juan de la Cierva program. He was received his MS in Architecture from the Texas A&M University at College Station (United States) in 2006, his PhD with International Mention and Suma Cum Laude in Graphic Engineering, Geomatics and Projects (2014) and Science and Mathematics Education (2018) from the Universidad de Extremadura (Spain) along with a part of study in the University of Washington at Seattle (United States) and his BE in Architecture from the Chonnam National University in 2002 (South Korea). For his doctoral dissertations, he had done different doctoral research stays and collaborations in various countries. He has published more than 100 publications in journals, books and conference proceedings, including 32 papers in journals indexed in the Web of Science. He has participated more than 50 scientific committees of international conferences and associations, has served as more than 100 reviewers in a wide range of international journals, has invited more than 10 times as an international conference invited speaker and has served as an editorial board member in various international journal. Also, he has been involved in a number of international, European and national grants as well as industrial collaborations.
Prof. Dr. Jorge Loredo
University of Oviedo, Spain
Jorge Loredo is a professor in University of Oviedo, Spain since 2008. He received his Ph. D degree in mining engineering from University of Oviedo, Spain in the year of 1981, and master degree in Environmental Engineering from Minister of Industry / University of Oviedo, Spain in 1978. He was a Visiting Professor at University of California at Berkeley, USA ( 1987/88).
Dr. Loredo has published more than 85
scientific publications in peer reviewed journals with Impact
Factor, and here are the 5 selected recent publications:
• Menéndez, J., Loredo, J., Galdo, M., Fernandez-Oro, J.. Energy storage in underground coal mines in NW Spain: Assessment of an underground lower water reservoir and preliminary energy balance). Renewable Energy, 1-15. 2018.
• Menéndez, J., Loredo, J. Capture of CO2 emissions by reforestation with energy crops in closured mining areas. International Journal of Energy and Environment.12, 92-97. 2018.
• Marqués, A.L., Ribeiro, L., Roqueñí, N., Fernández, J.J., Loredo, J. A new graphic methodology to interpret the multivariate data analysis of hydrochemical data in orphan mine áreas. Jornal of Geochemical Exploration. 191, 43-53. 2018.
• Alvarez-Alonso, L., García-Carro, F., Loredo, J. Supercritical water gasification of organic wastes for hydrogen production and waste valorization.. International Journal of Energy and Technology . 2018.
• Menéndez, J., Loredo, J. Biomass Production in Surface Mines: Renewable Energy Source for Power Plants. Transactions on Environment and Development, 14, 205-21. 2018.
Dr. Loredo participated in more than 100
research projects, and below are the 5 Selected EU recent projects:
1. PROJECT LoCAL - : Low-Carbon After-Life: sustainable use of flooded coal mine voids as a thermal energy source – a baseline activity for minimising post-closure environmental risks. EU. Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS). RFC-PR-13015 (SEP Nr 630993). 2014-2017. 2.PROJECT IDARTS - : Innovative and demonstrative arsenic remediation technologies for soils. European Commission. LIFE11 ENV/ES/547. University of Oviedo (Spain), Principality of Asturias (Spain), Sogener (Spain). 01-09-2012 / 31-08-2016.
3.PROJECT CAMINAR - : Catchment management and mining impacts in arid and semiarid south America. EU. VI Framework Programme. UE-07-032539. University of Oviedo (Spain), University of Newcastle (UK), Technical University of Lisbon (Portugal), University of La Serena (Chile), CAZALAC (Chile), University of La Paz (Bolivia), University of Arequipa (Perou). 01-02-2007 / 31-01-2010.
4.PROJECT TRANSCAT - : Integrated water management of transboundary catchments. EU. V Framework Programme. UE-EVK1-CT-02000124. University of Oviedo (Spain), ISQ (Portugal), GEO (Rep. Checa), University of Tesalónica (Grecia), University of Ostrava (Check Rep. ), FEEM (Italy), University of Sofia (Bulgaria), University of Bochum (Germany). 01-02-2003 / 31-01-2006.
5.PROJECT ERMITE - : Environmental regulation of mine waters in the European Union. Unión Europea. EU. V Framework Programme. EVK1-CT-2000-0078. University of Oviedo (Spain), University of Newcastle (UK), NIOO (The Netherlands), Sevilla EU Joint Research Centre (Spain), University of Exeter (UK), University of Stockolm (Sueden), University of Freiberg (Germany), University of Sarajev (Bosnia). 01-02-2001 / 31-01-2004.
Prof. Dr. Aurel Lunguleasa
Transilvania University of Brasov, Romania
-Professor at Transilvania University of Brasov,
Faculty of Wood Industry, Department of Wood Processing and Design
of Wood Product;
-Teach courses about Wood Composites, Wood Wastes, Energy and Energetic of Wood and Wood Wastes, Briquettes and pellets, Quality Control of industrial process, Relationship between Wood and Environment;
-Former director of Forestry College;
-Abilities in researches of wood energies and relation of wood calorific value with natural and industrial environment
Main achievements in the field of wood energy and its relation with environment
Lunguleasa A, Ciobanu V, Costiuc L – Ecological combustion of wooden biomass, House-Print Transilvania Universiy of Brasov, 2008, 141 pp, ISBN 978-973-598-384-0.
ISI articles list
1. Spirchez C, Lunguleasa A, Matei M (2018) Particularities of hollow-core briquettes obtained out of spruce and oak wooden waste, Maderas-Ciencia y Tecnología, 20(1):139-152, ISSN 0718-221x.
2. Dumitraşcu R, Lunguleasa A, Spirchez C (2018) Renewable pellets obtained from aspen and birch bark, BioResources 13(3): 6985-7001.
3. Croitoru C, Spirchez C, Lunguleasa A, Cristea C, Roata IC, Pop MA, Bedoc T, Stanciu EM, Pascu A (2018) Surface properties of thermally treated composite wood panels, Applied Surface Science, 438 (2018) 114–126, doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2017.08.193.
4. Croitoru C, Spirchez C, Cristea D, Lunguleasa A, Pop MA, Bedo T, Roata IC, Luca MA (2018) Calcium carbonate and wood reinforced hybrid PVC composites, Journal of applied polymer science, 438: 114-126, DOI: 10.1002/APP.46317.
5. Spirchez C, Lunguleasa A (2017): Experiments and modeling of the torrefaction of white wood fuel pellets, Bioresources 12(4): 8595-8611, ISSN 1930-2126.
6. Lunguleasa A, Spirchez C (2017): Torrefaction of lamellar panels made of oak and spruce wood species, Wood Research, 62(2), 319-328, ISSN 1336-4561.
7. Lunguleasa A, Spirchez C (2017): Characteristics of waste bark combustion, Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, 16(3), 685-694.
8. Spirchez C, Lunguleasa A (2016): Shear and Crushing Strengths of Wood Pellets, Drewno 2016, 59(198), DOI: 10.12841/wood.1644-3985.170.04, ISSN 1644-3985.
9. Spirchez C, Lunguleasa A (2016): Testing model for assessment of lignocellulose-based pellets, Wood Research 61(2):331-340, ISSN 1336-4561.
10. Griu T, Lunguleasa A (2016): The use of White Poplar (Populus alba L.) biomass as fuel, Journal of Forestry Research 27(3):719-725, ISSN 1007-662X, Springer.
11. Griu T, Lunguleasa A (2016): Salix viminalis vs Fagus sylvatica – fight for renewable energy from woody biomass in Romania, Environmental and Engineering Management Journal 15(2): 413-420, ISSN 1582-9596.
12. Lunguleasa A, Spirchez C, Griu T (2015): Effects and Modeling of Sawdust Torrefaction for Beech Pellets, Bioresources 10(3): 4726-4739, ISSN 1930-2126.
13. Lunguleasa A. Spirchez C (2015): An aggregated property of wheat straw briquettes, Wood Research 60(5):845-856, ISSN 1336-4561.
14. Croitoru C, Patachia S, Lunguleasa A (2015): A mild method of wood impregnation with biopolymers and resins using 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium chloride as carrier, Chemical Engineering Research and Design 93(1):257-268, ISSN 0263-8762.
15. Croitoru C, Patachia S, Lunguleasa A (2015): New method of wood impregnation with inorganic compounds using ethyl methylmidazoliun chloride as carrier, Journal of Wood Chemistry and Technology 35(2):113-128.
16. Lunguleasa A (2011): Compaction coefficient of wooden briquettes used as renewable fuel, Environmental and Engineering Management Journal 10(9): 1263-1268, ISSN 1582-9596.
17. Cosereanu C, Budau G, Lica D, Lunguleasa A, Ghiorghiu R (2011): Technological potential of reed as biomass for briquetting, Environmental and Engineering Management Journal 10(8): 1127-1132, ISSN 1582-9596.
18. Lunguleasa A (2010): The compressive strength of wooden briquettes used as renewable fuel, Environmental and Engineering Management Journal 9(7): 977-981, ISSN 1582-9596.
19. Cosereanu C, Lica D, Curtu I, Lunguleasa A, Cismaru I, Brenci L, Fotin A (2010): Mechanical testing of beech veneer sandwich composites, 7th International Conference of DAAAM Baltic Industrial Engineering, Tallinn, Estonia.
20. Lunguleasa A (2009): Density of ecological wooden briquettes obtained from woody biomass, Environmental and Engineering Management Journal 8(4): 691-694, ISSN 1582-9596.
1. RO127159 (A0) – Ecological plywood and process for preparing the same, Cosereanu Camelia; Lunguleasa Aurel; Lica Dumitru; Cismaru Maria; Porojan Mihaela; Brenci Luminita; Iacob Ioan; Iacob Maria; Mihailescu Camelia, 2016.
2. RO127189 (A0) -Low, medium and high density thermally insulating composites board for the construction field and process for carrying out the same; Authors: Cosereanu C, Lazarescu C, Lica D, Lunguleasa A, Cismaru I, Budau G, Fotin A, Sova D, Iacob I , 2015.
3. RO126930-A0, Croitoru C, Patachia S F C, Lunguleasa A –Solutions for wood impregnation, based on natural polymers, method of preparation and process for application, 2016.
4. RO126929-A0, Patachia S F C, Croitoru C, Lunguleasa A, Dispersion for wood impregnation based inorganic compounds and ionic liquids, method of preparation and process of application, 2016.
5. RO126787 (A0), Lunguleasa, A, Method and device for determining the compaction coefficient of lignocelluloses briquettes, 2017.
6. RO125658 –A0, Method and device for determining resistance to compression of minced wood briquettes, Author: Lunguleasa A. 2016.